Content of article
5 Weight Loss Tips for Models
Have you ever wanted to look like a model?! Or perhaps you are a model but you are looking for a healthy way to cut down a couple of pounds in the hopes of landing more jobs. The truth is, most of us, model or not, could afford to lose a pound or two. When most people think of models they immediately go to a place where everyone is skinny, tall, and beautiful with great skin and though this may be somewhat true for high fashion models, this is only one aspect of the entire modeling world. Just to name a few other modeling categories there is: commercial modeling, plus size modeling, fitness modeling, child modeling, cosmetics, and even leg modeling. But the one thing that all models will likely need to have is a nice shape. And since we know many designers prefer their models to be on the slim side (that’s saying it nicely), here are 5 weight loss tips for models looking to cut a couple of pounds this summer and do it in a healthy, lifestyle way. First things first….
1) Drink more water. Drinking more water can do a few good things for you. It not only helps to speed up your metabolism (a high metabolism burns more food energy which means you will burn through more fat on a daily basis. It also means your body won’t punish you every time you look at or taste chocolate), but it also can keep you feeling full. Individuals often misplace thirst for hunger. So when they are actually thirsty, they eat. Adding it all up over the years, this can be a costly mistake. This leads to over consumption of calories and a deficit of natural fluids, i.e. water. Start by drinking a glass of water before each meal. This way you will not be over-consuming foods and lacking fluids:) Lastly, on the subject of water and weight loss, by drinking more water (8 – 12 glasses per day) you will likely be cutting out the other calorie, or sweetener, filled drinks you might otherwise have. You don’t want to be drinking your calories for the day. The amount of sugar in many of these drinks can kill your whole nutritional program.
2) Resistance training. I know there are some of you who love to run for 13 hours at a time (slight exaggeration) because it helps you clear your mind and makes you feel healthier. But the truth is, if you have been doing something for 200 years (a bigger exaggeration) a.k.a. running, and you still look the same, then perhaps there is a problem in your programming. I am not saying to stop running, rather I am pressing you to start lifting some weights. Grab some light weights and an instructional video, personal trainer, knowledgeable friend, or go on youtube and make a list of a few exercises. Whatever you do, start taking the time to tighten, tone, and change your body composition through lifting weights. Running can make you look skinny, but resistance training will make you look lean and toned by shaping your body and adding some necessary muscle; which likewise to tip #1, helps burn more body fat.
3) Timed Cardio. Whatever type of cardio you do: run, elliptical, bike, row machine, etc., do it first thing in the morning while still on an empty stomach. This is one of the times in the day when your body will tap directly into fat stores as a fuel source. Without getting too technical, this is because your body has no readily available food energy in the blood stream and subsequently, uses fat as energy. The other time to perform your cardio is right after your resistance training. So you must do your resistance training! This way you will use much of the glycogen (just think of it as energy) in your body to help you get through your resistance training, allowing you to once again, tap into your fat stores quicker once you begin your cardio; making it more efficient at what it is supposed to be doing, burning fat.
4) Cut down carbs. Carbohydrates are broken down in the body and turned into sugar. That is why they are better than proteins and fats at creating energy. So if you want your body to burn fat, you need to make it efficient at doing so. Carbs take the place of fats in many calorie burning scenarios, so it only makes sense to cut them down (not out. Remember, this is a lifestyle change. Not a 4 week diet where you gain every pound and then some back once you have finished). So allow your body to burn more fat by cutting down on the energy packed carbohydrates and increasing fats and proteins instead.
5) Less sugars and less sweeteners. Now we know that sugars are the first source of energy used in the body at any moment. So the next time you go for a run after eating candy and pasta for lunch, just know that most of your run will not be burning fat, but burning the sugars from the candy and the pasta (remember, carbs break down in the body into sugars). Your body does not need sugar. Let me say that again as you read this sipping from your sweetened iced coffee or tea. Your body does not need sugar. So stop giving it a ton. It only gets turned into fat if not used and chances are, you are not burning that much sugar. Sweeteners are a little different of a story. The bad side of sweeteners is that they create a “craving for sweets” sensation that can last all day. So though you may save the calories in your diet soda, you eat 215 cookies later that night. Sweeteners
are just that, incredibly sweet. Don’t you think for just a second that your body adapts to the sweeteners and later sends you cravings for more sweets??? Of course it does! You don’t have a sweet tooth, you created a sweet tooth. Do yourself a favor, stop with all of the sweeteners and start treating your body as the Bible tells us to, “like a temple”.
Well there you have it, 5 life changing tips to help you lose weight and look your best. By doing this, models can expect to look and feel better, meanwhile landing more modeling jobs because they come better than expected. The truth is, these tips can work for anyone, not just models. This just happens to be a Christian Modeling Website, which makes it the 5 Weight Loss Tips for Models!
If you’ve ever looked at a model on the red carpet and thought, “I want to do whatever she’s doing,” you’re not alone.
WATCH: Candice Swanepoel Reveals Runway Secrets
When it comes to hot bodies and flawless skin, supermodels like Candice Swanepoel, Miranda Kerr and Kendall Jenner know how to make us envious.
So, how do they do it?
Firstly: Genetics — no one gets to look like that without winning the genetic jackpot. But even with their pre-programmed destiny to look downright flawless, these supermodels often still follow strict diet and exercise routines, often prescribed by their personal trainers and nutritionists.
WATCH: Dita Von Teese’s Tips for Looking Amazing in Lingerie
Here, we rounded up seven weight-loss tips that supermodels have shared over the years — from the creative to the crazy.
Candice’s favorite type of workouts are ones where you don’t actually feel like you’re exercising, such as swimming in the ocean and playing paddle ball. This is a great tip! Next time you want to catch up with some friends, why not do something active outdoors, rather than just catching up for coffee or a movie.
Diet wise, Candice says – “I like to eat fresh, organic food, and lots of fruit and vegetables. If I eat something that’s not fresh, I feel it immediately, so I crave good food.”
Elsa stays motivated by thinking about the way she feels when she works out. “I sleep better, I’m happier, I’m able to do my job better, and I make healthier choices.”
And she doesn’t deprive herself! “I generally always eat what I want. When you work out a lot, you can afford to eat more because your body’s metabolism is higher. I like healthy food and prefer that anyway, but if I want pizza or a can of Coca-Cola every once in a while, I’m going to have it. I just try to have a few slices and that’s it.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by elsa hosk (@hoskelsa) on Nov 28, 2018 at 9:54am PST
Heidi lets herself indulge and regularly eats McDonalds burgers and fries! She’s big on eating lots of fresh fruit, vegetable and protein. So she eats fast food when she’s craving it or in a rush.
Heidi on body image – “I’ve always felt great about my body. I’ve always been very confident, and I still am.”
She also sleeps 10 hours per night and knows the value of sleep!
How to Lose Weight Like a Model
He trains Rosie Huntington Whiteley, as well as Elle Macpherson and Lara Stone (he’s based in London).
James says it’s about eating and chewing slowly.
“Chewing properly liquidises food to ensure your body can digest it efficiently and absorb maximum nutrients. As it takes time to register you’re full, take a 20 minute break before your next course and you might feel you don’t need any more.”
He also suggests that you eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking up.
“Always eat within an hour of waking up. After going without food for hours during the night, the body is ready to refuel.
Putting off eating or missing breakfast altogether slows down your metabolism and can lead to sugar cravings and long-term weight gain.
What you eat first thing will determine what your body wants for the rest of the day so avoid sugary cereals and pastries and make healthy choices always including some filling protein.”